Welcome to our siteDefensive Driving School is MTO approved beginner driver education course provider in Windsor ON, serving LaSalle, Windsor and Tecumseh for over 17 years.
Driver Education has a major role in providing the new drivers with the best possible training to become a safe and conscientious car operator in today's vehicle-oriented society. Our Driving Instructors are the most up to date with experience ONLY on CANADIAN and EUROPEAN roads!
149 Tecumseh Rd West
DEFENSIVE DRIVINGMore than 41,000 people lose their lives in motor vehicle crashes each year and over 2.4 million more suffer disabling injuries, according to the National Safety Council. The quadruple threat of distractions, high speeds, impaired or careless driving and not using occupant restraints threatens every driver - regardless of how careful or how skilled.
Driving defensively means not only taking responsibility for yourself and your actions but also keeping an eye on "the other guy." We suggest the following guidelines to help reduce your risks on the road:
• Don't start the engine without securing each passenger in the car, including children and pets. Safety belts save thousands of lives each year! Lock all doors.
• Remember that driving too fast or too slow can increase the likelihood of collisions.
• Don't kid yourself. If you plan to drink, designate a driver who won't drink. Alcohol is a factor in over 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes.
• Do not use cell phones (including hands free) or any other mobile electronic devices while operating a motor vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, answering or making phone calls, engaging in phone conversations, reading or responding to e-mails and text messages, adjusting a Global Positioning System (GPS) and accessing the internet.
• Be alert! If you notice that a car is straddling the center line, weaving, making wide turns, stopping abruptly or responding slowly to traffic signals, the driver may be impaired.
• Avoid an impaired driver by turning right at the nearest corner or exiting at the nearest exit. If it appears that an oncoming car is crossing into your lane, pull over to the roadside, sound the horn and flash your lights.
• Notify the police immediately after seeing a motorist who is driving suspiciously.
• Follow the rules of the road. Don't contest the "right of way" or try to race another car during a merge. Be respectful of other motorists.
• Don't follow too closely. Always use a "three-second following distance" or a "three-second plus following distance."
• While driving, be cautious, aware and responsible.
TESTIMONIALSI had an outstanding experience at this school. I had no driving experience, but within a few short lessons I was a confident. I highly recommend Chris as an instructor - he's patient, knowledgeable, reliable, and - importantly to someone like me who works full-time - on time!! I passed my test on the first try - thanks Chris, you're the best!!! Diane Sutton This is an amazing driving school!! The instructors are friendly and my in-car experience was sooooo enjoyable! The class is clean and very modern. It was an awesome experience and I passed my road test on the first try. Thank you Defensive Driving School for everything! Paul Ursu Loved it! In a span of 4 weeks I had my in-class and in-car hours, and passed the road test on my first try. Thank you Defensive Driving School! Alex Corlov Defensive Driving School is “THE GREATEST”. I joined Driver Ed with my husband we never been behind the wheel before, after completing the program we scheduled the road test and we both passed first try with no extra practice just the 10hr with Chris! Thanks for the great service, highly recommended! Anna Carlone Paul is a very good driving instructor. He was recommended to me by my friend and I would recommend him to anyone else. He was calm, patient and extremely helpful.. Roberta Valente Learning at Defensive Driving School was extremely fun and quite the exceptional experience ! The instructors and staff at this school have great knowledge and provide excellent customer service ! Vera Jovanovic
A FEW WORDS ABOUT USChris Sandru has been in the driver education field since 1996. He is certified as a Driving School Classroom Instructor and as an In-Car Driving Instructor by the Ontario Safety League, furthermore he is also registered as an Instructor of Defensive Driving Courses (DDC-6)® by the Canada Safety Council.
The aim of the Defensive Driving School is to provide you the driver, with the best possible training to become a safe and conscientious vehicle operator in today's vehicle-oriented society. We strive to reduce teen driving motor vehicle collisions over the next years using proven technics implemented by our highly experienced Driving Instructors.
Beginner Driver Education (BDE), Insurance Discount Information:
Student graduation process: once a student has successfully completed a BDE course and we completed the process, the student Driver's Licence History will be updated through the Ministry of transportation system.
Proof of course completion – for insurance purposes is done by request in-person at a Driver and Vehicle Issuing Office or Service Ontario. If unable to visit a Driver and Vehicle Issuing Office you may send your request by mail. For further information regarding DLH, please contact Service Ontario at 1-800-387-3445 or 416-235-2999.
The DLH search can only be requested by the driver’s license holder, as it contains personal information. The application must be signed by the applicant.Should you have any further questions regarding the BDE Program, please contact the Ministry of Transportation BDE Contact Line at (416) 235-5540 or via email at Driver.Education@ontario.ca.
Useful LinksAfter completing our MTO Approved Driving Education Course you can schedule your Road Test in 8 Mont's from the time you pass the written exam. To schedule a Road Test click on the link below:
» Drive Test
For your Driver's Ed homework please go trough all 8 lessons and hand it in our office at the end of the program, not later then 1 year from the start day of your in class session » Home Link
Driver's Ed. courses
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE!•Full Beginner Driver Education courses, Graduates may be eligible for an Insurance Discount.
•Defensive Driving Course.
•Private in car lessons.
•Road Test preparation as well as RT exits.
•Driver's improvement for Senior Citizens.
M.T.O. APPROVED BEGINNER'S DRIVER EDUCATION B.D.E. CURRICULUMThe M.T.O. approved Beginners Driver Education Curriculum (B.D.E.) Curriculum by "Say Dez!" consists of the following:
1. 20 hours of classroom training
2. 10 hours of in-car training
3. 10 hours of independent home study.
The "Home link" under RESOURSES tab has all the other connecting links within it to complete the homework
OUR LOCATIONDefensive Driving School
149 Tecumseh Rd West, Windsor ON, N8X1E8
Telephone: +1 519 800 2308